Summer trips are often appreciated for the warm weather and days at the beach, but there’s something special about sitting by the fire on a chilly Autumn night with a cup of hot chocolate and a warm sweater. Now that the hot months are reaching a close, you may be thinking about cozy fall vacations in either October or November.
The Sarah Bernard Chalets at Innsbrook Resort are open year-round and you can book January through December!
The Great Outdoors is Greatest in the Fall
The months following the summer promise coolness in the air without the bite of the winter months, and sometimes gentle warmth without humidity or unpleasantness. If you’re vacationing in September, October, or November, consider all these options for taking the fun outside!
- Hiking: Innsbrook has seven hiking trails that range in scenery and difficulty, so that people of all ages and experience can have a great time! Whether you like hiking for a workout, or for beautiful pictures, or to see wildlife, there’s something for you. If you want an educational and historical hiking experience, the Katy Trail in nearby Marthasville has strong roots in the history of Missouri and the Missouri River.
- Kayaking and Paddle-boating: A day on the lake in the Fall is just as exciting as one in the summer but without the excessive heat! When you rent on of our lakefront chalets, we provide watercraft such as paddle boats, kayaks, canoes, and life vests.
- Visit the nearby pumpkin patch: Few things say Autumn as much as pumpkins do. They’re festive, familiar, and have such a sweet and comforting scent! Consider going out to Pumpkins Galore, a working farm with over 100 acres of pumpkins and activities for all ages. They go Halloween crazy in October and are worth your time!
- Hayrides: What reminds you more of Fall than hayrides through the countryside? Here at Innsbrook you can book hayrides directly through the stables for a memorable, family-friendly experience!
- Wineries: If you’re looking to decompress with your friends or your significant other, there are multiple wineries near Innsbrook worth checking out. The flavorful taste of wine mixed with the crisp Autumn air is a perfect combination for a relaxing getaway! Cedar Lake Cellars is only about 10 minutes away from the Main Gate and offers a picturesque setting and an on-site restaurant. If you’re up for more of a drive, there are also wineries in the historic town Hermann and the beautiful town of Augusta!
- Get a holiday tree: It may be too early if you visit in September or October, but from Thanksgiving into December you can visit Christmas Traditions Tree Farm with your kids and pick out a tree!
Thinking of Staying Inside?
Some of us aren’t big on spending tons of time outside during fall vacations, and that’s totally fine! Innsbrook still offers countless indoor amenities to make your Fall getaway everything you dreamed of:
- Fitness center
- Country store
- Satellite TV and WiFi in many of our chalets
- Maximum comfort and privacy in our vacation homes
- Much, much more!
Book Your Dream Fall Vacation Today!
There’s no need to travel far away for your Autumn escape! Sarah Bernard Realty and Innsbrook Resort offer full-service, family and pet-friendly accommodations, planning, and concierge services. Contact us today to start preparing for unforgettable Fall vacations! 314-780-9070.